The first mention is from 1406, but it was built earlier. At the time, it was one of the most important buildings and at the same time one of the oldest town halls in the Czech lands. It was rebuilt
several times and was hit by fire in 1739. The council met here, there was a cloakroom, an armory and a pharmacy. Until 1960, the district court sat here.
In 1960, the building became the seat of the library, which is still
there today. There is an information center on the ground floor. The building can be visited according to
the opening hours of the library and the information center.